Saturday, 18 February 2012

Moo-tiful!

So today I've made a cow print fleece hoody with little ears :) Very cute!

This is a brief overview of its construction....


Yummy fabric - here I come to cut you up heeheeee!


All the pieces cut out and ready for sewing...

I started by overlocking the shoulders together....

....then the arms to the front and back pieces....

...then I overlocked the arm seams and side seams, creating the main body.

Ready for hemming - getting the length right!

Pinned and ready to sew the hem...

First line of stitching for the hem....then i overlocked the edge.

I turned the hoody the right way out and sewed a second line of stitching parallel to the first line, securing the overlocked edge on the underside.

Then I did the same with the sleeves...

The main body finished...time for the hood!

Hood pieces sewn together, then ears sewn on...

After a few more bits n bobs, hood finished :)

Time to attach the hood - I placed the hood inside the main body which was also inside out, pinning to keep everything evenly in place...Then overlocked the edge making sure everything was even

Turned right side out - voila! 


Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. OMG I need a moo-cow hoody!! It needs a tail on it too :D

    ReplyDelete